I’m going to the bathroom.
我要上厕所。
I have to go to the bathroom.
我得上厕所。
bathroom n. 浴室,盥洗室,厕所
Have you brushed your teeth?
你刷牙了吗?
brush v. 刷
tooth n. 牙齿(其复数为teeth)
How do I look?
我看上去怎么样?
Is my make-up OK?
我的妆可以吗?
If only I had gotten up thirty minutes earlier.
我要是早半小时起床就好了。
if only 意为“要是…就好了”,引出的句子一般都用虚拟语气。
Take out the garbage. It stinks.
把垃圾拿出去。太臭了。
garbage n. 垃圾
stink v. 发出恶臭
Hurry up, or we’ll be late.
快点儿,要不我们就迟到了。
I’ll give you five more minutes.
我再给你五分钟。
Don’t hurry. It’s still early.
不要着急,还早呢。
Don’t rush me!
不要催我了!
rush v. 使仓促行事,催促,冲,奔,赶快
I have to rush.
= I have to run.
我得赶紧走了。
I have to go.
我得走了。
I really must go.
我真的必须走了。
I’ve got to take off.
我得走了。
I gotta go.
我得走了。
Remember to take your bag.
记得带上你的包。
Don’t forget to take your bag.
别忘了拿你的包。
Don’t forget to lock the door.
别忘了锁门。
Be sure to turn off the gas.
一定要关掉煤气。
Damn, I have locked the key in the house.
糟糕,我把钥匙锁在房子里了。
damn是在愤怒、厌烦、轻蔑或失望时表示抱怨、谴责或咒骂的一个词。
2.实用对话
Before Leaving Home离家前
Carter:Susan, good evening. Why are you so dressed up??
卡特:苏珊,晚上好。你怎么打扮成这样?
Susan:I am on my way out to a New Year’s banquet. How do I look? Is my make-up OK?
苏珊:我要去参加一个新年宴会。我看上去怎么样?我的妆可以吗?
Carter:You look great. Your make-up is perfect.
卡特:你看上漂亮极了。你的妆也是无可挑剔的。
Susan:Do you think I should wear a different dress?
苏珊:你觉得我要换件礼服吗?
Carter:No, the one you have on looks fabulous, especially with your hair like that.
卡特:不用,你穿这件衣服非常漂亮,尤其是配着你的发型。
Susan:Thanks for saying. Do you have any ideas which necklace I should wear?
苏珊:谢谢你这么说。你觉得我应该戴哪条项链呢?
Carter:With that dress I’d say your white diamond necklace would look perfect.
卡特:配这件衣服,你的白色钻石项链非常合适。
Susan:Thanks for helping out?. Now that I’m ready, what are you doing tonight?
苏珊:谢谢你的帮忙。我已经准备好了,你今天晚上干什么?
Carter:Not much, just a house party? with some friends.
卡特:没什么。只是在家里和朋友们聚一聚。
Susan:Sounds fun. Anyone I know?
苏珊:听起来很有趣。有我认识的人吗?
Carter:Yeah, most of the people are from our office.
卡特:有,大多数人是我的同事。
Susan:Sounds Like I'm missing out on? a good time. Oh, well, there is always next year.
苏珊:听起来我要错过一段开心的时刻了。算了,还有明年呢。
Carter:I’m sure you’ll have fun no matter where you go. Remember to take your bag.
卡特:我保证无论你去哪里都会玩得很开心的。记得带上你的包。
3.详细解说
1.“dress up”是不及物动词短语,意思是“着盛装,打扮好”。例如:It's a small informal party -you don't have to dress up.(这
是一次非正式的小型聚会,你不用盛装出席。)
2.“help(sb.)out”意思是“帮助(某人)摆脱困境”。
3.“house party”指的是留客人在家过夜的小派对。
4.“miss out on sth.”意为“错过机会享受…”。例如:Prepare food in advance to ensure you don't miss out on the fun.(把吃的
东西提前准备好,以确保你不会错过和大家一起开心的机会。)