Housekeeping. May I come in?
整理客房服务,我可以进来吗?
Housekeeping.等于It's housekeeping.
May I do your room now?
= Shall I make up your room now?
我现在可以给您收拾房间吗?
do one's room和make UD one's room在这里都指“整理房间,收拾房间”。
When would you like me to do your room, sir?
您想叫我什么时候给您整理房间?
Would you like me to tidy up your room now?
您想让我现在给您整理房问吗?
tidy up“收拾,整理”
Will it be convenient for you if I come to do the room in an hour?
一个小时后我过来整理房间,您看方便吗?
What time would be convenient for you?
您什么时间方便?
convenient a. 方便的,便利的
May I do the turn-down service for you now?
我现在给您做夜床好吗?
turn-down service指“做夜床服务”,即“(宾馆捉供的)铺床、拉窗帘等服务”。
I'll clean the bathroom and replace the towels.
我给您打扫一下卫生间,再换一下毛巾。
I'll fetch you some more right away. Is three enough?
我马上去给您再拿一些。三个够吗?
replace v. 更换,替换
I'll ask a chambermaid to do your room.
我叫一个客房服务员过来给您收拾房间。
chambermaid n. 宾馆中做清洁工作的女服务员
I'm sorry that the flask is empty. I'll go and get you a full one at once.
很抱歉,水瓶是空的,我马上去给您拿一瓶满的。
I'll get you some hot water right away.
我马上给您打热水来。
I'll change the empty bottle at once.
我马上就把空瓶换掉。
flask n. 保温水瓶(=Thermos)
We don't accept tips. But thank you, anyway.
我们不收小费,不过还是要谢谢您。
tip n. 小费
We always make up rooms early.
我们总是较早收拾房间。
We start to do rooms at 9:30 am.
我们早晨九点半开始收拾房间。
Please let me know if you have any special requests.
如果您有什么特殊要求,请告诉我。
Is there anything else I can do?
我还需要做些什么吗?
Anything else I can help?
还有什么我可以帮忙的吗?
2.实用对话
Making up the Room收拾房间
Room Attendant: Housekeeping. May I come in?
服务人员:整理客房服务,我可以进来吗?
Guest: Come in, please.
客人:请进。
Room Attendant: I'm sorry to interrupt you, ma'am. May I do your room now,
服务人员:对不起.打扰您了。我现在可以给您收拾房间吗?
Guest: You can do it now if you like. I'm just about to go down for my lunch. But before you start, would you do this for me?
客人:如果你愿意,就收拾吧。我正要下去吃午饭。在你收拾房间之前,可以帮我做件事吗?
Room Attendant: Yes, what is it?
服务人员:好的,什么事情?
Guest: I would like you to go and get me a flask of hot water. I need some hot water.
客人:我想请你去给我拿一瓶热水来。我需要一些热水。
Room Attendant: I'll get you some hot water right away. Ma'am, I'll leave it for you if you don't want to wait.
服务人员:我马上就给您打热水来。女士,如果您不想等,我就给您放在房间里好了。
Guest: You're right. I don't want to wait. Thanks for your help.
客人:好的。我不想等。谢谢。
Room Attendant: You are welcome.
服务人员:不客气。
3.详细解说
1.“be about to do sth.”意为“正要做某事,将要做某事”,例如:The sun is about to sink in the west.(太阳正要西下。)I was
about to go to bed. when he called me up.(我正要上床睡觉的时候,他打电话来了。)That flight is about to arrive in five
minutes.(那个航班将于5分钟后抵达。)
2.“would like sb. to do sth.”表示“想要让某人做某事”,比“want sb. to do sth.”在语气表达上更加委婉礼貌,例如:I would
like you all to be at the meeting.(我想请你们所有人都到会。)
3.“get sb. sth.”或“get sth. for sb.”意为“给某人拿某物,让某人得到某物”,例4tp:His father managed to get him a job at
the local factory.(他父亲设法在当地的一家工厂为他找了份工作。)