Do you want breakfast in your room?
= Do you want to have your breakfast in the room?
您要在房间里用早餐吗?
We provide excellent room service.
= Our hotel provides very good room service,
我们提供优质的客房送餐服务。
room service指“客房送餐服务”。
This is Room Service. May I help you?
= Room Service. How can I help you?/Can I help you?
这里是客房送餐服务部,能帮您做什么?
Room Service. May I come in?
送餐服务。我可以进来吗?
I'm the waiter from Room Service. I've brought you the breakfast.
我是送餐服务部的服务员,我来给您送早餐。
Room Service, sir. I have the lunch you ordered.
先生,客房送餐服务。我把您点的午餐送来了。
If you want to have your meals in the room, just dial Room Service,
如果您想茌房间里用餐,您可以打电话给客房送餐服务部。
You may dial 6 to call the Room Service to order your breakfast, lunch or dinner.
您可以拨6找客房送餐服务部订早餐、午餐或晚餐。
This is your door knob menu.
这是您的挂门餐牌。
knob n. 圆形门把手
door knob menu“挂门餐牌”
Just check the items you would like for breakfast, mark down the time and hang it outside your door before you go to bed
tonight.
请查看一下您早餐要吃什么,标上时间,今天晚上睡觉前挂在门外面。
mark down“标注”
Your order will be ready very soon.
您点的东西马上就好。
Your coffee will be ready very soon.
您的咖啡马上就好。
Your breakfast will be sent to your room in ten minutes.
十分钟后我们会把早餐送到您的房间。
Here's your breakfast, sir,
= Here is the breakfast you ordered.
先生,这是您的早餐。
Enjoy your breakfast, sir.
先生,请用早餐。
Please leave the dishes outside when you finish eating.
用完餐后请把盘子放在门外。
Just leave the plates on the table, sir. We'll come and collect them later.
先生,您把盘子放在桌上就可以了。我们过会儿来收。
Just leave them outside your door. We will take care of them.
用完餐后把餐具放在门外边就可以了,我们来处理。
2.实用对话
Delivering Food to a Guest's Room送餐服务
Guest: Who is it?
客人:谁呀?
Attendant: Room Service, sir. I have the lunch you ordered.
服务员:先生,客房送餐服务。我把您点的午餐送来了。
Guest: Thanks. Hold on a second. I'm in the bathroom.
客人:谢谢。稍等一下,我在卫生间。
( opens the door )
(开门)
Guest: Just by the TV. I don't see the bottle of red wine I ordered. Did you forget it?
客人:放在电视旁边就行。我没有看到我点的红酒,你是不是忘了?
Attendant: No, sir. It's in the hallway waiting on my cart. I didn't want to drop it.
服务员:没有忘,先生。它就在走廊的推车里面。我不想把它摔了。
Guest: Excellent. I love wine with my meal. It makes
everything taste so much fuller.
客人:很好。我喜欢吃饭时配红酒。红酒会让所有的饭菜尝起来味道都浓郁很多。
Attendant: Would you like me to open the bottle. sir? Or I could leave a corkscrew for you to do it yourself?
服务员:先生,您想叫我帮您开瓶子吗?或者我可以给您留一个开瓶器您自己开?
Guest: Thanks. I'll take care of it myself.
客人:非常感谢。我自己来。
Attendant: Enjoy!
服务员:请慢用!
Guest: Thanks!
客人:谢谢!
3.详细解说
1.“hold on”在口语中有三种常用的意思:一、表示“稍等一会儿,稍等,等一下”,例如:Hold on; I'll just get my coat.(稍等一下
,我去拿一下外套。)二、用于刚刚注意到、听到或想起某件事情时,也可译为“等一下”,例如: Hold on! Isn't that your brother's car over there?(等一下!那边那辆车不是你哥哥的吗?)三、在电话用语中表示叫对方“稍等一下,别挂断”,例如:Can you hold on? I'll try to find her.(您能稍等一下吗?我去找找她。)
2.“full”在此意为“浓郁的,浓烈的”,指酒时,相当于“full-bodied”。
3.“take care of sth.”在这里表示“做或处理某事”,例如:Her secretary always took care of the details.(一直是她的秘书处理细
节的事情。)另外,还可以表示“支付(某物)”,例如:We'll take care of the fees.(我们来付费。)“take care of sb./sth.”最常
用的意思为“照顾某人(或某物)”,例如:Who will take care of the dog while you're away?(你不在的时候谁来照顾狗?)