您好,欢迎访问新航道官网托福频道!

在线咨询

托福 (TOEFL)

奏响中国托福培训最强音

2018新航道秋季班

您当前的位置 » 新航道官网 » 托福 » 托福口语 » 文章正文

托福常用生活口语之安抚病人

2014-01-24 14:29     供稿单位: 新航道    

出国英语考试有哪些 雅思6.5是什么水平 雅思阅读评分标准 托福阅读评分标准 雅思和托福的区别

giving bad news and condolence坏消息与安抚
 
I was at the hospital at with my friend, Wendy.
我在医院陪着我的朋友温迪。
Her father was in an accident and she was waiting to talk to the doctor. 
她父亲出了意外事故,她正在等着与医生交谈。
 
Dialog
英语情景对话
 
Doctor:  Hello, I’m Dr. Johnson.  How are you holding up?
男:你好,我是约翰森医生,你还好吧
Wendy:  Oh, I’m fine.  Is there any news?
女:我还好,有什么新的消息吗
Doctor:  Yes.  I have examined your father’s test results and I’m afraid the news isn’t good.  His condition has deteriorated rapidly, and I want you to prepare for the worst.
男:是的。我已经看了你父亲的检查结果,结果并不乐观。他的情况恶化得很快,你要做好最坏的打算。
Wendy:  You’re not saying that he won’t recover, are you?
女:你不是在说他没有恢复的可能,是吗
Doctor:  We can hope for the best, but your father may only have a few days.  I’m very sorry.    
男:我们当然希望有好的结果,但你父亲的日子可能只有几天了,我非常抱歉
Wendy:  Can I see my father?  
女:我能去看看他吗
Doctor:  Yes, of course. 
男:当然
......
The worst did happen and Wendy’s father passed away the following week.
最坏的事情还是发生了,温迪的父亲在第二周过世了。
At both the wake and the funeral, we all tried to console Wendy by saying things like, “I’m sorry for your loss,” “Please accept my condolences,” and “My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.”  
无论是在遗体告别室还是葬礼上,我们都试图用这样的话来安慰她“我为你失去亲人而难过”,“请接受我的悼念”,“在这困难之时,我们与你同在”。
The funeral director made sure that the funeral service went smoothly.
葬礼负责人将葬礼安排得很周全。
The eulogy was short and I went with Wendy to the burial.
悼词简短,我陪着温迪到墓地。
It was a difficult time for Wendy but hopefully, having her family and friends with her made it more bearable.  
对她而言这是个痛苦的时刻,不过有着她家人与朋友陪在身边,至少可以让这个时刻更好过一些。
 
以上就是新航道托福频道为大家整理的托福常用生活口语之安抚病人,希望对大家有帮助,更多资讯、资料请访问新航道托福口语频道 https://www.xhd.cn/toefl/kouyu/
 

 

分享到:
新航道,英语成功之道。时间获取新航道英语学习资料和新鲜资讯,请在微信公众账号中搜索「新航道英语」或者「xhdenglish」,或用手机扫描左方二维码,即可获得新航道每日精华内容推送和英语学习经验分享,并参与新航道举办的各项活动。
责编:李术