阅读量:
五一假期刚刚结束,不知道各位家长有没有参加一些婚礼和聚会呢?
我们在参加婚礼的时候,可能会遇到哪些常用表达呢?
首先,我们来看一下关于约会和婚姻的一些词语:
A blind date从未见过面的男女之间的约会
Be seeing someone 和某人交往
Fall in love 恋爱
Live together同居
Propose求婚 [prəˈpəʊz]
Engagement订婚 [ɪnˈɡeɪdʒmənt]
Hen night单身女性的婚前聚会
Wedding婚礼
In-laws亲家
A shotgun wedding(尤指因女方怀孕而被迫)不得不举行的婚礼
1、When did you two fall in love?
你们俩什么时候开始相爱的?
2、Our engagement only lasted one month, and then we got married.
我们订婚后一个月就结婚了。
3、When is the big date?
哪一天是好日子呀?
除了参加婚礼,我们也可以约三五好友一起聚餐聊天:
1.He saw lots of old friends at the party.
聚会时他见到了许多老朋友。
2、Did you have fun at the party last night?
你昨晚在聚会上玩得开心吗?
3、We played many party games last weekend.
上周末我们玩了很多派对游戏。
4、He drank too much punch.
他喝了太多的潘趣酒。[pʌntʃ]
Dialogues:
-Where will your party take place?
聚会在那里举行?
-We’ll start at the Li Qun Beijing Duck Restaurant. Do you know that?
我们在利群北京烤鸭店。你知道在哪里吗?
-Sure, I’ve been there many times. It’s a great restaurant. Shall I bring anything?
当然知道, 我去过很多次了。那是个很好的饭店。我要带点什么?
-Bring some money for dinner, and if you’d like to get him a gift, I’m sure he’s appreciate it.
带点饭钱。另外,儒雅你要给他带个礼物,我相信他会很喜欢的。
-Of course. What about after dinner?
好的,晚饭后做什么?
-We’ll go to the Oxygen Room bar for a few drinks.
我们到氧屋吧去喝一点儿。
接下来呢,跟大家回顾一下,“点餐用餐”的一些内容:
关于堂食还是外带:For here or to go? / Stay or to go?
2、对话
Waiter: Good Evening. Welcome to XXX. How can I help you today?
晚上好。欢迎来到XXX餐厅。请问有什么可以帮您?
Customer: I'd like a table for two, please.
我想要一个两人桌。
Waiter: Right this way, please.
这边请。
Customer: Thank you! Can I see the menu, please?
谢谢!麻烦拿份菜单。
Waiter: Sure! Here are menus for you. Today 's special is XXX. I 'll be back to take your order in a minute.
好的。请看。今天的特色菜是XXX。我稍后来为您点餐。
Customer: Thank you.
谢谢。
★如果想问一下本店的“招牌菜,特色菜”可以用specialty [ˈspeʃəlti] 来表达。
3、点餐结束
That's it. / That's all.
就这些。
更多雅思考试干货敬请关注新航道雅思考试频道